SIGIA-L Mail Archives: Re: [Sigia-l] Distributed thesaurus?

Re: [Sigia-l] Distributed thesaurus?

From: Eric Scheid (eric.scheid_at_ironclad.net.au)
Date: Sun Sep 22 2002 - 02:34:11 EDT

From: Travis Wilson <trav_at_ciaheadquarters.com> (22/9/02 3:30 AM)

>XFML is the most promising recent development effort I've seen in this
>area, but I wonder if anyone has seen another that might be a potential
>standard. I'm looking at Karl while I ask this, but of course it's an open
>question.

A somewhat related project is the FOAF RDF schema being developed. It's a
distributed schema where each person describes themselves (their name,
nick, URL, picture, etc), and provides links to other FOAF RDFs for
people they know.

http://rdfweb.org/foaf/
http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/
http://diveintomark.org/public/foaf.rdf

e.

eric_at_ironclad.net.au i r o n c l a d n e t w o r k s
information architect http://www.ironclad.net.au/

ASIST Annual Meeting:
http://www.asis.org/Conferences/AM02/index.html

ASIST SIG IA website: http://www.asis.org/SIG/SIGIA/index.html